The Imp Site
Using the FreeFind search engine
Use this search engine to only search The Imp Site.
You will not find:
- information on 1957 Huskies, Minxes, Humbers or some such
- a page where you can advertise your Imp-for-sale.
Don't use 'Imp' as a keyword as you will find every page on this site.
British registration numbers are spelled on my site like this: 'MSM 27F' - as in: with one space, not this 'MSM27F' or this 'MSM 27 F'.
If you don't find what you are looking for, put a suggestion in the site evaluation guestbook. Please do.
By default the search engine tries to locate pages which have exact matches for all of the words entered in your search query. If that fails, it then tries to locate pages which contain any words in your search query. (If that happens a short message is displayed at the top of the search results indicating this has been done.)
Specify your question for better results
- + and - qualifiers
If you prepend a word with + that word is required to be on the page.
If you prepend a word with - that word is required to not be on the page.
- +always -never
- searching for coventry climax ought to read +coventry +climax, as without the prepended plusses, pages with just coventry or just climax would also qualify.
- * wildcard
If a query word ends with a * all words on a page which start the same way as that query word will match.
- carb* will locate carb, carburettor, carburetor or carburetter (or carburateur, which is of course the one proper spelling)
- coup* will find coupe or coupé
- ? wildcard
If a query word contains a ? any character will match that position.
- carburett?r will locate carburettor or carburetter
- t?re will locate tyre or tire (or tore)
All of these techniques can be combined: +alway* -ne??r*