Hub Caps

From: Mark Norman
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 1998 10:12:55 -0000
Subject: [imps] Hub Caps

Does anyone know whether gloss or matt paint was used on the type of hub cap that had pressed 'spokes' with black paint in between? I'm going to repaint mine this winter & the little paint that's left looks like its matt, but that could well be just weathering.


Date: Fri, 06 Nov 1998 12:02:28 +0100
From: Bert Clewits
Subject: [imps] Re: Hub Caps


It's gloss paint (but not high gloss)


From: Paul Williams
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 1998 12:08:49 -0000
Subject: [imps] Re: Hub Caps

Dear Mark,

I'm assuming you mean the Sunbeam type as found on Stilettos and Sports. If so, I think they were painted in 'satin' or semigloss. Hammerite do a good satin black spray which I've used to tart up some rusty black wiper arms. It looks good and lasts quite well.


Date: Fri, 6 Nov 1998 15:24:29 EST Subject: [imps] Re: Hub Caps

when i repainted mine in 1973 i used Satin , it looked just right ...